This is a self-study technical course aligned with the topics covered by the NPDEV exam, leading to the Cisco Network Programmability Developer Specialist Certification. This course is for software developers looking to automate network infrastructure and/or utilize APIs and toolkits to interface with SDN controllers and individual devices.
In this course, you will:
- Learn the basics of networking, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and sub-netting, functions of infrastructure components in a network, and the need for network programmability
- Review data handling and formats
- Learn about Cisco ACI, APIC-EM and Open SDN Controller technologies and conceptual frameworks, as well as how to make REST and Python requests
- Learn about Cisco NSO framework and how to make REST, YANG, and Python requests
- Interpret and produce code to deploy configurations to multiple devices using RESTConf and NETConf
- Identify available network programmability developer tools and Cisco virtual platforms
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge Labs and Tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. Gamification features are built in, including earning badges, achievements, and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
Related Certification: Cisco Network Programmability Developer Specialist
Subscription Length: 365 Days