The Cisco® ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers Hardware Overview course introduces you to the ASR 9000 series. You will learn the important system architecture concepts, features, and functions for the ASR 9000 and explore the hardware components to understand their function in the overall system operation. The course will cover an introduction, a discussion of the chassis, architecture, hardware subsystems, RSP/RP functions and fabric architecture, line cards and packet flow.
The hardware overview is comprised of 2 modules and 6 lessons totaling almost 2 hours of video training.
This course is intended for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy Cisco ASR 9000 Series Routers in their network environments. The primary audience for this course includes:
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners, resellers
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- List and describe the major features and benefits of Cisco ASR 9000 Series Routers
- Describe the chassis layout of the ASR 9000 system
- Describe data flow through Cisco ASR 9000 Series Routers
- Describe the major components that comprise the ASR 9000 system
- Define the function of each of the major components of the ASR 9000 system
- Describe the physical layout and available ports on the ASR 9000 route processors, line cards, and fabric cards
Though not mandatory, having a basic working knowledge of routers is beneficial.
- Module 1: Introduction to the Cisco ASR 9000 Aggregation Services Routers
- Module 2: Cisco ASR 9000 Hardware
- Lesson 1: Cisco ASR 9000 Series Chassis
- Lesson 2: Cisco ASR 9000 Series Architecture
- Lesson 3: Cisco ASR 9000 Series Hardware Subsystems
- Lesson 4: Cisco ASR 9000 Series RSP/RP Functions and Fabric Architecture
- Lesson 5: Cisco ASR 9000 Series Line Cards and Packet Flow